Friday, October 22, 2004

Who? What?

So I am in Singapore now. Three things that have either left me scratchin my head, laughing or both:

1. The American TV show - American Idol has spawned a mirade of syndicated copies around the world. Now India has Indian Idol. Who was the idiot who didn't change the name??? The concept, the idea, the semantic of 'idol' in India is so totally different from that in the west. In a land of millions of idols you'd think they would have the sense to change the name.

2. I was under the impression that throw away plates were designed so you didn't have to wash the real deal. Now in Singapore I have discovered plastic plates made to look like throw away plates. Hmmmm ... imitation throw away plates that you have to wash. I can see that making it big at the Hilton.

3. man I wish I could remember what number 3 was. When I remember I'll write it down...

->TBD

No comments: